2013 Participating Makers
We’ve got an amazing lineup of makers from around the Northwest scheduled for the Eugene Mini Maker Faire! From traditional crafts to modern technologies, there’s something for everyone. Participating makers include:
- Eugene Maker Space: our presenting partners, who will once again bring an exciting array of projects including 3D printers, a paper airplane crossbow, and more
- Babu Shoes: Eugene-based artisan shoemaker
- Binary Marble Adding Machine: an ingenious wooden adding tool build by a local grandfather-grandson team
- Dawson Station Model Railroad: a working model of a local sawmill fitted with an Arduino-based Wii controller
- FertiLab Thinkubator: Uncover the hidden colors of the world around us by building a spectrometer or running a chromatography test
- DIY Toys: Miranda Hansen, a Washington-based creator of affordable homemade toys and gadgets
- Eugene Rocketry: our local model rocketry club provides information and demo launches on the Science Factory front lawn!
- Felted Flowers: Jen Wyld introduces the art of felting
- Kinetic Vehicles: designer and builder of MAX, a roadster that gets up to 100 mpg
- LagerBot: an electronic beer tap with RFID steins that accurately records the amount served to each patron
- Low Voltage Labs: designer of open-source hardware presents how to create a Raspberry Pi home media center
- Model Gondola: A local young maker shows off his electronically-controlled model ski lift
- Pendulophonic Music: A social electronic art installation that lets users work together to make music, designed by a UO student
- South Eugene Robotics Team: This year’s FIRST competitive robot can throw frisbees and climb a tower!
- Steamwork Cycles: Stylish and energy-efficient electric motorcycles
- Steamworks R&D Labs: local artist Steve La Riccia’s interactive steampunk contraptions
- Velomobile: A Creswell-based maker demonstrates his enclosed human-powered vehicle, complete with trailer
With so many artists, hackers, tinkerers, hobbyists, builders, crafters, and do-it-yourselfers all in one place, there’s sure to be something for everyone! (And did we mention food from Sammitch available for purchase?) Buy your tickets today and be sure to join us on June 15th.