2016 Participating Makers
We’ve got a spectacular lineup of makers from around the Northwest scheduled for the Eugene Mini Maker Faire! From traditional crafts to modern technologies, there’s something for everyone. This list is subject to change, and is still growing! Check back for updates. Participating makers include:
- 3D Authority, LLC: See the EnvisionTEC Perfactory Micro high-res 3D printer in action, along with some sample prints.
- A-Lamp Design: Contemporary lamps with vintage appeal, designed and hand-crafted in Springfield.
- Adventure! Children’s Museum: Use recycled materials to help build a new museum exhibit.
- AeroSynth: Modern music synthesizers combined with the playing style of traditional woodwind and brass instruments, designed and built in Eugene.
- Arcimoto: See the locally-designed Arcimoto SRK, an electric vehicle designed for daily driving.
- Cosmos Creations: Meet Carl, the world’s largest puffed caramel corn ball, and make your own mini-Carl.
- Cycle Works Oregon: Locally crafted bikes for a variety of applications.
- Destination Imagination: Sample an Instant Challenge — can you build a bridge out of household materials? You can also find out how to form your own team for creative competition.
- Eugene Electric Bicycles: adapting bicycles to electric power with a selection of conversion kits.
- Eugene Made: Supporting locally-made goods in and around Eugene.
- Eugene Maker Space: our founding partners, who will once again bring an exciting array of projects including an LED art table, a CNC router, and a near-space weather balloon!
- Eugene Public Library Maker Hub: Make buttons and colorful LED throwies, and learn about free activities for all ages at your library!
- Eugene Rocketry: Model rocket launches and balsa-wood planes courtesy of Eugene’s local rocketry club
- Eugene Weavers Guild: Meet the artisans in the guild and try your hand at a 5-minute weaving project
- Flight Club Oregon: Learn about quadcopters and more from our local group of drone enthusiasts.
- Kazoo-a-palooza!: Build your very own kazoo with common household materials while you learn about the science behind this delightfully simple “musical” instrument.
- Kinetic Vehicles: Oregon maker Jack McCornack brings a custom-built truck and a homemade solar collector project.
- LagerBot: an electronic beverage tap with RFID technology that accurately records the amount served to each patron — serving up adult beverages for those 21 and older!
- Lumidax Electronics: 3D light imaging, laser displays, and complete electronics prototyping labs from a Eugene-based maker of all things luminescent
- NextStep Recycling: Take apart electronics with NextStep and learn how to keep harmful items out of the waste stream
- One Drop Design: High-end modern Yo-Yos made right here in Eugene.
- Oregon Trail’R: Locally-made teardrop-style campers on display.
- Overhead Cargo Carrier: See a clever conversion of a recumbent trike from local maker Ed Gunderson.
- PubNub: Catch an automated Simpsons-themed LEGO house and more using realtime data streaming technology.
- Science Factory: Make marshmallow catapults and duct tape art with Science Factory educators and volunteers
- South Eugene Robotics Team: The only FIRST Robotics Competition team in Eugene/Springfield will show off their latest robot creation.
- Springfield High School E-Power Our Community: Fling some CDs with the “Launchinator 5000″ designed by Springfield High School students.
- Steamworks R&D Labs: Local artist Steve La Riccia brings interactive steampunk art creations that you can see and try out for yourself.
NEW THIS YEAR: A series of maker speakers in the Exploration Dome!
- 12:00: One Drop YoYos
- 1:00: Jen Wyld, Maker Educator
- 2:00: A-Lamp Design
- 3:00: Rick Osgood, Eugene Maker Space Nearspace Balloon Team
- 4:00: Cosmos Creations
With so many artists, hackers, tinkerers, hobbyists, builders, crafters, and do-it-yourself-ers all in one place, there’s sure to be something for everyone! And don’t forget about delicious food from Hot Mama’s Wings and Navarro’s Latin Creole Kitchen, plus beer from Ninkasi! Buy your tickets today and be sure to join us on June 11th.